Monday, June 1, 2015

Embarking on a new journey

I have not blogged since November and there's a reason for that. Through prayer we have decided to certify to become foster parents and, hopefully, adopt through that route next. 

This was not an easy decision, nor has it been an easy road so far. But now I finally feel like we're to the exciting part! 

We're almost done getting certified and the baby room is all set up and ready to welcome whomever God sends our way! 

At first I wondered about keeping this blog, but I've decided to blog also about our experiences of adopting through foster care because, after a search on Pinterest, there's a shortage of advice out there on the subject!

Thanks for your continued prayers for our family as we strive to grow our family, one beautiful child at a time!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful adventure to add another little one to your family. Best of luck finishing the certification.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Shauna, I'm so excited for you! My aunt did this and LOVED it. She ended up fostering over 40 newborns and the majority of them came up for adoption. Wishing you the best and praying for you! I love that you're keeping the blog up too btw...I know it's a ton of work but I've loved reading it. Talk to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...