Saturday, March 22, 2014

Grateful for our goofball & adoption

There are so many times that I stop, stare at our precious little boy, and think how blessed our family is having him in it! It's truly a miracle he's in our family and that his birth mom chose us!

Hiked a new part of Ohio today!

Lately, Nathan's imagination has been very creative! It's been fun!

This week, during watching Frozen, he took a potty break and ended up spraying the entire floor with half a can of Febreeze "to make the floor all nice and shiny" and then proceeded to pretend it was slippery ice like on the movie! We sat there waiting for him to come back to the movie and heard him in the bathroom saying "Whoa! WHOA! It's slippery ice!". That was my clue to go check on him lol!

As I type this Nathan is insisting that I'm forgetting the "q" button. You don't know how many q's I've had to delete so far!

Tonight we were going through animal sounds and I asked him what does Nathan say? He said "Hello!" I asked what does Mommy say? "Hello!" I asked what does Daddy say? "AAAAGH!"

Tonight at dinner he brought his favorite plush puppy (it's THE Puppy) to dinner and then would randomly instruct us that we needed to whisper because "puppy is sleeping!".

All these random, cute Nathanisms wouldn't even be possible for us without adoption. And we'll never forget that. Right now he is fervently praying with us for our next child. Yesterday he randomly asked, "Are we going to get a baby boy?" He wants to be a big brother so bad! It breaks my heart that I can't easily make him one. But on the other hand, I know that this is God's plan for our family and he's part of that now. It's bittersweet to watch him go through this with us. I know this will strengthen his faith too, but it's sad at the same time.

We are so grateful to everyone who has been praying for us and spreading our profile. We know that with your help, God will lead us to our next child and their wonderful birth parents! Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...