Monday, January 31, 2011

T is for Time

Hello everyone! It's been a while but I'm trying to be a better blogger. It's one of my New Year's goals. You know, one of those goals you forget about till the end of January when you say, Oh yeah! I was going to do (insert forgotten goal here).

So in that vein I was looking over my blog and realized I need to finish my posts on ADOPTION.

So without further ado,  T is for Time.

I think if you're connected with adoption this goes without saying. Although heading into adoption I have to be honest and say that I was rather naive as to how much time adoption can take. The folks at LDSFS were very good at clearing that up rather quickly. So were other couples I talked to. I heard stories of it taking years to find their lil one and complete the adoption. I soon realized what we were in for.

Then I met a couple that had been chosen within the month that they were approved. I could only think of how incredibly lucky they were and how I hoped beyond hope our story would follow likewise. Deep down, I told myself not to expect it. After 5 years of set backs and disappointments who was I to think we'd get so lucky?

Then I realized something incredible about adoption time.

T doesn't stand for my time I realized. It stands for the Lord's time.

Every couple I talked to was blessed to adopt the child/children that the Lord intended for them. For some, that meant years of waiting to be chosen by whom the Lord was inspiring. For others, the time was now or much sooner.

Time is an incredible teacher. It's a teacher of faith, of patience, and of relying on the Lord that it's all in His hands.

Is this hard? Oh you betcha. Is it worth it? Absolutely.

Most couples receive the joyous blessing of only waiting 9 months to receive their little angels.But for others like Gavin and myself, it takes longer. It involves Him inspiring the hearts of brave women and men, directing them to the couples He has chosen to raise the precious child they carry.

To you and me, time is measured in calendars, day planners, and clocks. We set alarms, make dates, schedule appointments.

God's time is different. He softens hearts, whispers inspiration, moves people toward the right places and the right Time.

And then the pieces fall into place.

For us, we were chosen 4 months after being approved to adopt. We were overjoyed but surprised. Being the cynic that I am (my bad) I had expected to be in for the long haul.

But God knew exactly who was supposed to come to our family. And He knew exactly when. While we were filling out paperwork, he was instructing a brave young woman.

When I match the events on our side of the timeline to Nathan's birth mother it's astounding to think of what was going on, but I had no idea.

And it's like that for every one of us.

Every one who is waiting for something, or someone, there's a loving Heavenly Father pulling the pieces together. The right person, the right time, and the right place.

T in adoption is indeed for Time. But the beautiful lesson I learned is it's not my time, or your time, or the neighbor down the street's time. It His time and he's mindful of all of us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...