Monday, August 2, 2010

The "Other" Waiting Game

In light of some recent events I felt like I had to post this. And my apologies in advanced for the lack of eloquent awesomeness :)

As we near the arrival of little Baby (insert name here), we are getting excited! So excited its driving me bonkers. I call it the second waiting game. First you wait to get picked. Now that we're so close to his arrival, we're in the second stage of the waiting game. I'm having a hard time trying to wait lately! 20 more days seems like forever! Gavin kindly reminded me last night that I've already waited 5 years, so what's another 3 weeks?

But she's dilated to a 2 I keep thinking. And 80% effaced. It truly isn't nice of Baby to play tricks on Mama already. If he's planning on cooking for another 2-3 weeks the least he could do is to save any progressing labor signs till then. For my sanity. 

To help keep my sanity I try to remind myself of the things I wanted to accomplish and get done prior to Baby's arrival. This also involves me doing lots of cleaning around our home so as not to think about Baby's pending arrival. And making baby blankets so as not to think about his pending arrival. Oh and doing his laundry so as not to think about his arrival. Reading baby need-to-know books so as not to dwell on his pending arrival. And making very conscious efforts to try and think of anything but his pending arrival. (Can you tell how well that's working??)

It would be really helpful if there was at least college football right now :\

I am so grateful and happy that everyone we know is soo excited for his arrival. You are all awesome! But if I ever appear/react distant or cold while you are excitedly reminding me of his pending arrival or asking for updates, it's because I'm trying not to dwell on his pending arrival. And also because there are no updates lol. I'm better than CNN folks. If there are updates, you will oh so hear about it!

So my apologies but it's really for my sanity at this point.

Or whatever's left of it :\

5 comments:

  1. Shauna, you're awesome. Only you would say college football is a satisfactory distraction! (well, you would and I would, that is). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. teehee. You just need to attain a zen-like state while not thinking about it. Think of the Dalai Lama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true. If I'm having trouble not thinking about pending arrivals 11 weeks out, I can only imagine what a time you're going through. Good luck! (Dalai Lama Dalai Lama Dalai Lama)

    (Oh, and my word verification is "rando." I thought you'd appreciate that.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So basically I think that you need to be put in a coma for a few weeks and that will solve all this waiting issue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this particular wait all too well. Ecspecially considering we just went through it. lol I can tell you from experience, Baby Holt will make his appereance when you least expect it. Our birthmom's contractions were steady for 3 days. Then, nothing on Saturday. So we figured that we had another week. Sunday morning Kristina woke up to her water breaking and Emily was born Monday morning. When you least expect him I tell ya! Sooo excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...