Sunday, July 4, 2010

Whats in a name?

Whats in a name?

TONS!

 "You can't tell me the success of Kevin Bacon doesn't have to do with the fact his last name is Bacon! You don't see people lining up to see a Kevin Hotdog movie." -Jim Gaffigan

Thank you Jim, well said :)

We are searching for the right name for our bebe. For instance, Butch. Who could possibly be serious naming their boy that? So it can't be a ridiculous name. It can't be a pansy name either. Like, Skipper or Lyle. It can't also be a name tied to a celebrity - Edward, Charlie (Charlie Brown), Brad, etc. We also don't want a name that its a gender neutral name - Taylor etc

I really like names that mean in Hebrew something about being a gift from God. Because he is our present from God (and an amazing woman) we feel.

There are a couple of names we're contemplating, but nothing definite yet! So for now, he remains Bob the Baby. I know I know, we need something better stat!

Gavin brought home the what to expect during your first year book yesterday. I've been reading and getting brain cramps I think. So much to learn in 49 days! (yes thats right, around 49 DAYS!)

One thing we have to do asap is choose our pediatrician for zee  baby. The last thing I want is to have to find a Dr when I need one b/c the baby is sick :\ That's not a good time to find a Dr.

We'll also be registering soon for baby stuff! People are starting to plan baby showers, so surreal!

Thanks again everyone for all the love, support, and prayers over the years! We're almost there! This has been an amazing journey and experience and we wouldn't trade any of it for anything!

3 comments:

  1. oh I bet your SO excited! I remember choosing names, calling the pediatrician etc...it's SO MUCH FUN! Don't let anyone tell you or make fun of you otherwise! Jim and I last night took pictures of each other pushing the stroller for the first time because well, we have waited so long to do so! Too many people that may sound silly but to us, it was amazing! Have fun preparing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! SHAUNA I am so incredibly excited for you both!!!!! I am way behind on everyones news cuz I havn't been on my computer for a while but this is by far the best news ever!!! I would love to help you in any way, throw a shower, go to a shower, help you shop, just go to lunch and chat, whatever you need please let me know and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I came across your blog through a post on the Feigning Fertility blog, and I wanted to let you know that I am very happy for what you are about to experience! I too am an adoptive Mom - my beautiful miracle son Ian (which means gift from God=) came to us through a beautiful birth Mom named "E" as well. Congratulations again and enjoy every minute of it all!! www.shellyandmikey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...