Thursday, March 18, 2010

FSA: Families Supporting Adoption

Most of you probably have never heard of FSA before, but it's a wonderful organization!

We have a meeting tonight with our agency's FSA group and we're excited to get involved!

Some of the things FSA does:
-Outreach: goes to high schools/clinics etc handing out adoption materials to spread the word about the wonderful choice of adoption
-Education: does seminars and workshops to educate about adoption
-Support: plans parties and activities for us adopting couples/families that love being surrounded by those who understand what we're doing!

I know there's more, but that's whats on the top of my mind this morning. Consequently, they're the areas I'm most interested in volunteering for lol. Go figure ;)

FSA is all volunteer, I love being involved in a great cause! We both can't wait to go tonight and find out how we can help!

This is definitely a wonderful blessing to keep us busy while we're waiting for our little one and the wonderful birth mother we'll get to work with. I feel so blessed to be a part of a wonderful thing like adoption. Like we've mentioned before, this is not where we intended to be but we feel so blessed to be here. We've learned so much; about faith, about hope, and about love.

I'll have some recent photos to post soon from my sister's bday party on Sunday. We got to spend lots of time with our way cute nieces! I love seeing Gavin spend time with all our nieces and nephews. He's so sweet and I love getting those glimpses of what kind of Daddy he's going to be one day...which is the best in my opinion! :) [not that I'm biased or anything lol]

Hopefully I'll get to post those photos tonight, I've been meaning to all week.

Hope you're all having a great week and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...