Sunday, February 7, 2010

Something New!

Last night we were given our very firstest baby present!
 
How cute is this?!? Monkey bubbles!
It's not an infant toy but he/she will get to use it eventually! I thought it was soo sweet of our good friends to be so supportive and excited for us! Thank you guys! 

We talked to a family friend today whom I've known all my life and found out his two daughters (now in their teens) are adopted! I never knew! They all look so much alike! We're going to plan a get together with them. It'll be nice for us to hear the girls' side and feelings about adoption and for them to hear ours. We're excited and looking forward to getting together with them! 

I was emailing a friend this week who is also considering adoption. I thought I'd share some of what I wrote: 

"Adoption has been the most amazing experience of my life so far. Looking back on what's happened so far I can definitely see the Lord's hand and understand this is what I need right now in my mortal test. It wasn't my plan at all to adopt our first ... Going through LDS Family Services has been wonderful. Their main focus is building eternal families. We cannot wait for the day we get to go to the temple to be sealed as a family and have this little tiny hand over ours. Thinking of it brings tears, but happy ones! What I once considered a trial that was more than I could bear, is now my greatest blessing. I told Gavin last night that I wish I could spare any other woman the pain that comes from trying to conceive and not, but then I wouldn't deprive anyone the blessings that come from our trials or the blessing of adoption either. So I guess Heavenly Father knows what he's doing :) This is called the Plan of Happiness!"

Hopefully things will keep progressing as we try to find our baby. We'll be making our cards hopefully this week! If any of you would be willing to take some to pass out, please email me! Thanks!
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...