Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A long post, but I bought books!

We love to read and its very important in our home to have good books, and plenty of them. Look what I bought! I already had some books for our child (obviously when they're a bit older) but I couldn't resist getting these at our local DI last weekend. I love children's books!

 
the Shake a Leg one w/Elmo is really cute. It has you do all these actions, like shaking your leg, waving your arm, etc. I could just imagine our lil one doing this and laughing
  
Dr Seuss=Classic, just Classic
  
my favorites: they're so vintage-y, I love it!

Now for more updates:
Things are going well, all things considering. We should finally be officially approved by LDSFS this upcoming Monday. We have been waiting since Christmastime!! One thing after another happened (on the agency's side)but now things are finally looking like they'll be taken care of. Wouldn't you know it we'd get the luck of chaotic transitions? (There'll be a total partay once we get the call that we're officially approved on Monday, believe me. I may buy balloons)

Last night I got a call from my Gavin's oldest sister who's doing Foster to Adopt through the state. Apparently her sister-in-law works for a private adoption agency and called to say there was a baby girl at the hospital who needed a family. Her birth mother had signed her rights away and the father was in prison. Though we didn't feel like this was our daughter I can't describe to you what it felt like knowing if I wanted to, I could have become a Mother last night. It was incredible. I can't wait to experience the real thing.

One thing that made me sad is that the birth mother didn't want anything to do with the baby. Working through our adoption process I've felt like open adoption would be a wonderful experience. Of course we'll respect the mother's wishes when we arrive there, but we both feel it would be great to keep in contact with the birth mother. 

Today I've done a lot of networking and found more blogs of amazing couples trying to adopt. We've exchanged blog buttons and I joined AdoptionVoices.com, a truly wonderful site! It's been a great day. Doing things like this make me feel proactive, productive, and closer to the lil one that's coming.

This is where I turn to you: family, friends, and readers. The best way to adopt is through FOAF, or Friend of a Friend. Usually this means someone who knows us know someone who knows someone who's thinking about placing for adoption and they give that person our blog, etc. Get it? So please, tell everyone you know we are adopting! Feel free to share this blog, our contact information listed on the blog, etc. Post on your Facebook, blog, Twitter or whatever you use! Not sure what to say? You can copy this:

Gavin and Shauna are trying to build their family through adoption! Please take a minute to look at their adoption blog (www.gsadopting.blogspot.com).

We'll be making cards to pass out too. If you're interested email us your address and we'll be sure to mail some to you!

Thanks everyone for your love and prayers! We hope Baby will be joining us soon!

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...